- Five-year-old battling brain tumor after shock diagnosis last year
- His father was determined to make his birthday a special one
- He had a Spiderman outfit made to fit before practicing moves
- Parkour expert then leapt from a roof above the family’s front door
- Video shows the youngster’s surprise as superhero appears at home
- Film has since been viewed around the world, garnering huge support
A father has been hailed as ‘SpiderDad’ after he donned a superhero costume to surprise his terminally ill son on his birthday.
Mike Wilson leapt from a roof at his family home in Basingstoke, Hampshire as part of the birthday stunt for five-year-old Jayden, who has a grade four brain tumour.
The heart-warming video of him surprising his son – a huge Spiderman fan – has since been viewed around the world.
Jayden was diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) brain stem tumour 15 months ago after his parents took him to hospital following a fall.
Mr Wilson told MailOnline: ‘We couldn’t believe it at first. You never expect something this bad to happen to any of your close family members.
“He was given an average of 12 months to live, and today he’s still fighting it like a champ.”